“Why is life not going the way I desire?”
We often wonder if we are doing something wrong — out of line with God’s word. We often wonder whether God is pleased. The scripture below is proof that what you are faced with may be a TEST. Read on, and as you read, meditate.
You must remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these years in the wilderness, to humble you, and to prove you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. He humbled you and let you suffer hunger, and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man does not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of the Lord. Your clothing did not wear out on you, nor did your feet swell these forty years (Deuteronomy 8:2-4).
How many times have you questioned if you are in right standing with God? How many times have you questioned if you are doing something wrong? I strongly believe that all of us have questioned ourselves based on the depth of our struggles.
Our struggles often cause us to feel as if we are the problem when really and truly we are being tested by God in order to attain the next level. But many of us are not able to identify what God is doing because we are too focused on our struggles. I am guilty! I will not be a hypocrite!
Many of us are judged wrongfully by others because of our trials. The religious folks believe that sin is the reason for your struggles. Although they could be accurate, this is not always the reason.
Let me make this known to you, “God doesn’t test us to know what is in our hearts. He tests us so that we can know what is in our hearts”. God is omniscient (all knowing) and before He formed you, He knew you and before you were born, He set you apart for His purpose (Jeremiah 1:5).
When you are tested, what do you do? Do you complain, murmur, disobey or give thanks to God? Can I be real with you? When I am tested by God, I complain for a minute or two then the spirit of conviction will flood my heart and repentance will follow after.
Over the years I have grown to give thanks in all things, which does not come easy knowing I am human. But there is an amazing peace that fills my mind when I read, meditate, apply and stand on the word of God during my trying times.
Murmuring and complaining hinders evolution from taking place in your life.
The more we murmur and complain, the longer it takes for growth and expansion to occur. In school, if you fail a test, what happens? From my experience, two (2) things could happen: You will repeat that class or you will be granted a second chance to redo the test. God is the teacher and we are the students. During an exam, the teacher is always silent, so it is with the Holy Ghost (God is the Principal, Jesus is the Vice Principal and Holy Ghost is the Teacher).
You might be wondering where God is at this very moment; but He is watching you closely and He is protecting you from the plans of the wicked. He has given you the choice to choose growth. In order for a student to graduate with honours, such person must acquire a certain amount of grades, and their punctuality and character must be well built. A school that is known for greatness will never promote indecent character, etc. I have never seen it! God will not graduate you with honours if your character is a dead threat to your success and achievements.
Three (3) vital reasons why God allow struggles are:
- To humble us – Many of us usually forget that we are not omnipotent (all powerful). God desires a broken and a contrite heart. Are you broken before God? Are you high and mighty? If you are too high-minded, you will receive demotion. God wants to reveal to you whether you are strong enough to resist the schemes of the enemy. Are you able and willing to remain at His feet until He is ready to lift you up?
- To prove us – Are you a faithful servant? Can God trust you? Do you know the process gold has to go through to be proven real? Gold has to go through FIRE in order to prove the authenticity and value it carries. We are like gold in the eyes of our Creator, and He brings us through a process that would prove how authentic we are when it comes to mirroring His lifestyle. Would you still choose to obey His word when your finances deteriorate ? Would you still say yes when you do not receive the job? Would you cheat on God with the enemy when life is not going the way you desire?
- To know what is in our hearts – How is your heart condition? What flows from your heart? The heart is connected to the mind. God would put us through a test to get our thinking right. Whatever is in the mind flows through the heart, then in our actions! When you go through your life struggles, do you think on the things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely and of good report?
Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think on these things (Philippians 4:8).
God is using your struggles to present you blameless! Let Him work on you, He is moulding you into the person who will carry His glory to the four corners of the earth. Continue to walk by faith and obedience to His word; this is evidence your struggles are preparing you to be a trailblazer. You are being built to handle ANYTHING! God is revealing where you are, so you can revert to your rightful position, His image and likeness. You are being prepared to manage greater! The Queen within will evolve if you allow God to mould you.
The great Myles Munroe declares: God doesn’t protect you from problems, He proves you through problems.
I declare today that I will pass my test(s) from God in this season. I humble myself before the King and let Him reveal the real me. My character will improve because of my struggles and a better version of me shall be established because I trust God through it all.
– Andrea John, Liberated 2 Liberate
MEET OUR GUEST!
You can follow Andrea John through the following mediums:
- Facebook – A. John
- Instagram – @liberated2liberate and the_queenofquotes
- Twitter – @Liberated2L
- YouTube – Liberated2Liberate